You know my hero; The one that's on

I'm a mega Foo Fighters dork. I think Dave Grohl is one of the best people to ever grace our generation. Not only is he a unbelievable musician, but he's also a stupidly kind and sincere person.

So when Dave announced last September that the band was going to take a 'long hiatus', I was clearly saddened. Granted, they've never really stopped playing for years and there's many little babies that have since been introduced to the world.

But the FF were asked to play at the White House on the 4th of July. And they instantly accepted. They played a very short set, but one of the songs that they sang was 'Wheels'. This is a new song that they're planning to add onto an album that they've got coming out in November. Unfortunately, this album is supposed to be just a 'best-of' album but they do planning on adding two brand new songs this album, with Wheels being one of them. Which is awesome.

Here's the first live performance of Wheels.



I find it'll end up being a super nice summer driving tune, which makes it strange to be released in November. Oh well. I'll take any new Foo that I can.

Side note: Dave is working on some music with Queens of the Stone Age singer / Eagles of Death Metal drummer Josh Homme as well as Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones. Which just screams like it'll be fricken' awesome! I'm am eagerly anticipating this. Collaborations generally kick ass.

*My Hero; Foo Fighters

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 Response to "You know my hero; The one that's on"

  1. jessica says:

    That song isn't Wheels! It's Times Like These.

    mikey b. says:

    Oops... It's fixed now!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger